Friday, June 28, 2013

Anyway....

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”

-Mother Teresa


HOLA!  Missed Blogging!  So glad to be back.

I will go ahead and preface this entry by saying, I am writing this blog for myself.  If you get something out of it, a smile, a perspective: bonus.  But I am telling you, it is I who needs a little perspective right now.

The last two weeks have been surprisingly, overly stressful to me.  I've been praying and searching and thinking and being as still as I can.  Trying to find out why.  I've got my hunches... but I'd like to say... it ain't nuffin but a little perspective. 


We all know from time to time, perspective can be the hardest thing to control.  Funny how ultimately it's the ONLY thing you have.  You have full control over this.  100% of the time.  You can read all the quotes: 
See really cool pictures:
 
 
 
And think... wow.  Those people are awesome.

Then 3 seconds later go right back into cussing someone out at work in your head, feeling the pain in your heart someone caused, being in a bad mood because you left your lunch at home.....

What's the point?!  Why do we do this to ourselves constantly?!

I am reading a book right now that is amazing.  It's called, The Untethered Soul.  And I think I am going to have to read it 4 times before I can trust myself to start living it.  It talks about being aware of the way your brain talks to you... it's interesting how much we beat ourselves up.  Daily.  It's a shame how much we don't let go and let God.  Trust Him to guide us. Follow along.  We know nothing.  We have no idea what's good for us. What we need.  We think we know, and we spend all of our times trying to fit that square peg in that round hole. 

Well, I'm tired this week.  I'm tired and that peg ain't fittin.  YOU HEAR ME?!

Just because we want it... doesn't mean it's good for us.


Just because we think it... doesn't mean it to be true.


And just because others need attention, need to put you down to make themselves feel better, get happy when they finally see they've gotten to you... remain calm.  Have compassion that they really must be hurting to do this.


Try and be the best you that you can be.  Every minute.  Even if it's not that great.  I have not been GREAT lately.  I just hope that I can get back to letting go and letting God.  Being content.


Thank you JESUS I have vacation coming up next week.  Maybe that will help me reset my perspective button.  I need to do it soon.  Otherwise, it's a slippery slope from here. :)

In the meantime, I'll continue to give advice on things that I am constantly practicing to learn on my own.  Like being still.  Appreciating what I have. 


And remember that when I get the way I criticise others for getting.... That I am just as human as they are.  Didn't Ms. Alicia Keys say, "Life ain't perfect,  If you don't know what the struggle's for.  Falling down ain't falling down If you don't cry when you hit the floor. I ain't nothing like I was before.....You ought to see me now."

Hmmm... I feel better already :)



Seeking strength in all the right places,

Hossy

No comments:

Post a Comment