Monday, November 11, 2013

Inspiring Questions....

How can you receive without asking?

I've met a lot of people in my life, been blessed really to have come in contact with so many different types of people from all walks of life.  I've travelled a lot, and I am constantly asking people questions.  If you know me at all you know that I am always curious about people's story.  What do those miles in their shoes say?  Mostly because I want to learn.  I am always hoping to gain a bit of knowledge I didn't have before, maybe a little perspective....(word of the blog!)... maybe see things in a way I haven't seen before. 

I have to say, more so women than men, have a lot of regrets.  Things they "wished" they did, that they "could" do.  "Oh I could never wear that..."  There are many things just life related.  But also professionally.  Are women just ok with being mediocre at work?  Or do they not have enough self esteem to think they could be runnin' 'ish???  I mean, I'm just wondering.

HAVE YOU ASKED? 

Have you asked your husband to go on a trip?  Have you asked if the family could take care of the kids while you take care of yo'self and your marriage?  Have you asked your boss for more responsibility and a raise?  Have you asked for more knowledge in your profession?  Cause ladies (AND MEN OF COURSE), Life comes at you fast.... and for everything else.... YOU HAVE TO ASK.

How do you expect to get what you NEED, or even what you WANT, without asking?  Men can't read your mind.  Hell, WOMEN can't read your mind.  No one knows what you are thinking.  One of the worst things women do in my mind is assume.  Yeah- I said it.  And assuming makes an ass out of you and whoever else you are coming in contact with.

I challenge you that the next time a friend asks you to do something with them, your husband asks you to travel somewhere... try and do it.  Try and live life to the fullest.  One day you are going to turn around and be old and crusty and "wish you had........."

Unhappy at work?  ASK FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT.  Seek something different.  Whether it is internal or elsewhere.  Times are tough and no one is going around handing out life.  I don't have bits of your life in my purse to hand out... as you don't of mine.  As Sheryl Sandberg says, "Lean IN"

There's a lot of things I want.  But there's a ton of things I've been blessed to have or experience.  NONE without asking.  Or effort on my part, you can guarantee that honey.  When I am gone with the wind fabulous in life or work, I never feel like I stumbled upon this.  I always feel like I asked for it :)

If you can't ask your husband, your boss or your friends for what your heart desires in life, then ask the universe.  Ask your spiritual leader, Buddha, God, whatever your spirit calls for... BUT JUST ASK.

The way I live my life isn't the way everyone wants to live.  It's my experience and my journey, but this is the life I know... and I promise to grab every opportunity and try and make it everything I want.

Child- life cannot and will not give you what you want without the simple task of asking. 

Questioning it ALL,

Hoss

No comments:

Post a Comment