Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My 2012 to do list...WINNING.

In no particular order I have listed a few things that I would like to do/focus on this year.  It's not necessarily my resolutions.  That sets you up for failure.  And this my friends, is all about WINNING. Feel free to steal from this list, join in with me.... or simply create your own. 


I would like to plank more often.  I forget how amazing it can be.  I could quite possibly incorporate some sort of danger into it.... that could be the literal version of "living on the edge".


Shoot more guns.  I've always been scared of guns.  So I finally went to a shooting range... and risked shooting everyone in the place with how much I was shaking... but I did it.  I loved it.  And only practice makes courage.  One day, I'll own one.  (yes, you should be scared...HIDE YO KIDS! HIDE YO WIFE!)


I need to play in the rain more often.  I hadn't done it since I was a kid and last year when my neice was with me for the weekend, it started raining and thundering... once the thunder settled down I carried her and ran in the rain a little.  To say she LOVED it is an understatement.  She talks about it now every time she comes to see me.  Last time she said, "Jeka, I wish it was raining..."  I am making a commitment to play in the rain more often.  Makes you feel young again... and makes the young feel brave.


I am committing to focus on what I think and want and less on what others think and want.  My job is NOT to please those around me.  My job is to be happy, feel whole, and be authentic.  I am who I am, the older I get, the less I'll change.  I am willing to grow... but not so willing to please.  You want to be my friend or you don't.  You want to be close, or you don't.  You want to laugh at my hilarious jokes, or you want to judge and be offended.  I don't care.  I will participate in things that make me happy and discard the rest.  The sense of freedom I will get from this is something I anticipate greatly.  We all think we aren't in it to please other people, but we are.  We change the music when others come over to what we think they will like.  We cook food we think they will enjoy.  We change our schedules and our time to fit into what we think others will enjoy.  I feel that you can gain more respect by just being you.  If your friends want to participate, great.  If they don't, that's ok too.  Because you are truly happy and fulfilled when you are authentic


I need to challenge myself more.  Professionally, and in relationships.  I want to be sure to continue to set my goals higher than I think I'll ever achieve professionally and then watch it all fall into place.  One thing I do know, is that anything is possible.  You can have whatever you want.  You just have to fully believe that you deserve it.  In relationships, I'd like to fully, vulnerably, unconditionally love.  Sounds mushy hopeless romantic?  I know. And I am 100% ok with that.  Stop drinking that haterade and jump on the love bandwagon people.  Stop being old, crusty and lonely.  Open yo'self up to the idea.... what's the worst that can happen?


I WANT TO BE IN A BETTER PLACE FINANCIALLY.  That is all.

I want to continue to be spontaneous.  Last minute trips, thoughtful surprises, and not saying no to random adventures. 

I am horrible with remembering people's birthdays.  I'd like to get better at this.  Facebook is NOT an acceptable way to remember them... no time to prepare.  It makes people feel so good when you remember their day of birth.  I'll work on it.  (if I forget your birthday this year, consider it a learning experience)


I think this is enough for now.  I think this is a lot actually.  One step closer to ruling the world though.  Can't beat that....

Always Growing,
Hoss

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I will be a regular reader of whatever it is you decide to "throw out there!"

    AD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoss, I love your blogs! Thanks for sharing your hilarious and heartfelt thoughts. I love ya!!! You're A-MAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing comma clearly that is ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The planking picture just had me bust out laughing! Nice job! We are going to start shooting as well, Cathy wants me to start buying up some guns.

    ReplyDelete