Friday, November 18, 2011

Things you'd have to give up....

So if you follow this blog, you know that I've discussed several thing like the grass always being greener; being single is easier than being in a relationship; I DO WHAT I WANT!; and if you know me, you know that I enjoy things the way I like them.  Period.



If you are single, male or female (holla if you hear me!) there are several things you do, like to do, or ways you like to do things that are your own.  You go through your moments of wishing you had someone.... and then being SO glad you don't have anyone to worry about but yourself.

Do you ever think about the things you'd have to give up if you WEREN'T single?  How that transition would be?  If you are 20-something I bet you don't.  If you are 30-something, I'd bet my paycheck you do.  I bet some of you are even still single because you are so damn worried about it.



But what would you have to give up if you got into a relationship? TV shows......Alone time? Being there for someone while they are in a bad mood and you just had the best day ever.... (that's a doozy, huh?) Talking, when you don't feel like it....having to consider someone else's needs... I mean, I have a lot of my own!



For example:  I'll throw it out there.... I can't sleep well AT ALL.  I am more than just a light sleeper.  If you are breathing you are going to wake me up.  Even going on a girls trip requires my ear plugs.  Yes.  I wear ear plugs when I travel, or when I have to sleep near someone.  They are pink, don't get it twisted.  And they are beautiful.... well... until they go in my ears.  And then I am sure I look like Frankenstein's wife.  Just for the record... I'm not giving this up. 



I hate doing the dishes (my poor roommate) and I'm not in the business of doing them because I feel guilty.  Not going to change.  A clean dishwasher could sit there for DAYS at my house if Ash wasn't around... dishes would just pile up in the sink.  (I'll pour some out for my homie this weekend.... thanks Ash!)

I love to cook, and when I do... I cook a lot.  But I don't feel like cooking all the time.  So I'll eat cottage cheese... or steamed broccoli... or a damn Eggo for dinner.  That may have to go, right?  LEGGGO DAMMIT.



I sleep surrounded by pillows.  I LOVE MY BED.  I have six regular pillows I sleep with.  I'd have to make room.....or just get a bigger bed.  Yeah, I'm going with the bigger bed.  Holidays are more scheduled, moods come into play... more showers, more laundry....being NICE.  Sigh~

Is it worth it?

Hmm... I wouldn't know.  I've got my fat ass on the couch right now eating out of a bucket of Edy's with a spoon, double dipping while watching re-runs of basketball wives, drinking my second glass of Malbec and it's 7pm on a Tuesday.  JEALOUS?!



Just throwing it out there... and I'm kidding.  I look forward do it.... complaining about it... and falling into it.  Roll your eyes, call me a hopeless romantic... say what you will.  It's the truf truf.



Until then... "it's only me until I decide."

Love Always,  Hoss

No comments:

Post a Comment